Last updated [08/01/2021]
TYPES OF COOKIES
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit the Site:
Advertising cookies are placed on your computer by advertisers and ad servers in order to display advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you. These cookies allow advertisers and ad servers to gather information about your visits to the Site and other websites, alternate the ads sent to a specific computer, and track how often an ad has been viewed and by whom. These cookies are linked to a computer and do not gather any personal information about you.
Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know what features on the Site are working the best and what features on the Site can be improved.
Our cookies are “first-party cookies”, and can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the Site won’t work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser, but may affect the functionality of the Site.
Personalization cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the Site. We use these cookies to record your browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences each time you visit the Site.
Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
Site Management Cookies
Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the Site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
Third-party cookies may be place on your computer when you visit the Site by companies that run certain services we offer. These cookies allow the third parties to gather and track certain information about you. These cookies can be manually disabled in your browser.
CONTROL OF COOKIES
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can remove or reject cookies in your browser’s settings. Please be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
For more information on how to control cookies, check your browser or device’s settings for how you can control or reject cookies, or visit the following links:
In addition, you may opt-out of some third-party cookies through the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool.
OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
In addition to cookies, we may use web beacons, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies on the Site to help customize the Site and improve your experience. A “web beacon” or “pixel tag” is tiny object or image embedded in a web page or email. They are used to track the number of users who have visited particular pages and viewed emails, and acquire other statistical data. They collect only a limited set of data, such as a cookie number, time and date of page or email view, and a description of the page or email on which they reside. Web beacons and pixel tags cannot be declined. However, you can limit their use by controlling the cookies that interact with them.
Trophy Events Ltd
- Who are we?
- How do we collect your information?
- What type of information is collected from you?
- How is your information used?
- Who has access to your information?
- How can I edit or delete my data?
- How long do we keep your data
This policy covers how Trophy Events Ltd treats personal information that Trophy Events Ltd collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Trophy Events Ltd products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. This also covers the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which takes effect in the UK from 25 May 2018.
Who are we?
Trophy Events Ltd is corporate events company based in Stirling, Scotland. The registered address is Trophy Events Ltd, Lomond Court, Castle Business Park, Stirling FK9 4TU. Our company number is: SC673100. You can contact us on 01786 232529.
How do we collect your information?
Trophy Events Ltd collects personal information when you register with Trophy Events Ltd, for example when you download a piece of content or register for our newsletter. We also collect data when you use Trophy Events Ltd’s products or services, visit our website or when you visit Trophy Events Ltd premises.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect from you might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. Other information may also include:
- search terms you have used to find our website
- a record of all browsing behaviour including links clicked. This is done via a cookie which is set on your first arrival to our website and the contents of any form you submit to us. It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, see our cookies policy. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
- we retain all personal information disclosed by you to us
- we will not seek to append personal data without your permission.
- information on engagement with the emails and SMS messages you receive from us.
- your browser user agent, as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system.
We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
By submitting your data to Trophy Events Ltd through one of our data capture points you are confirming the following:
- you are doing so in your capacity as a representative of the company
- you are over 18 years of age
- you are accepting the relevance of Trophy Events Ltd products and services to the business interests of the company
- you are providing information that will allow for the communication between Trophy Events Ltd and the company only
Information we will not collect
- we will not collect information related to browsing habits outside of our own domains.
- personal information relating to you and your private life, such as gender and age.
How is your information used?
Trophy Events Ltd uses information for the following purposes:
- improve and customise the marketing and content you see
- fulfil your requests for products and services
- improve our services
- contact you in relation to a request for your personal information
- send communications that may be of interest to you, such as content related to your request, newsletters, marketing news, products and services
- conduct research
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with government legislation and regulations to protect personal information about you. We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held. We will ensure that when we outsource any processes the supplier has appropriate security measures in place.
Who has access to your information?
Trophy Events Ltd does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- we may provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Trophy Events Ltd under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Trophy Events Ltd communicate with you about offers from Trophy Events Ltd and our partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- we limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- we train our staff on their privacy obligations
Trophy Events Ltd works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
How can I edit or delete my data?
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data you should contact our data controller: Scott Richardson, Trophy Events Ltd, Lomond Court, Castle Business Park, Stirling FK9 4TU. You can also contact us on 01786 232529.
- you can request to be removed from the Trophy Events Ltd database at any time by emailing [email protected] from the email address which we hold on our database.
- you may request a copy of the information. We will provide this free of charge, and no later than 30 days from the receipt of request.
- where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we reserve the right to charge a fee. We may also charge a fee if you require further copies of the same information.
- we will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
- we will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
You have the right to object to:
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling); and
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- contact us immediately if you want to object to the use of your personal data as outlined above.
- stop receiving marketing and sales emails from us by contacting us. Please note that in order to stop sending you marketing and sales emails, it may be necessary to retain your email address. If you would like to completely remove your details from our database please be aware that you may receive emails in the future if you return to our site and complete one of our data capture forms. You will be able to opt-out as before.
How long do we keep your data?
We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information. We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
How to contact us